One of my favorite memories ever, is walking down the streets of Athens and passing by local restaurants and getting a whiff of their delicious freshly cooked food. And ever since then I’ve had a soft spot in my tummy for Greek cuisine. What's great about Mediterranean cuisine is that it can be easily prepared by any person, anywhere, specially those who are conscious of what they are eating. So my fellow zappers, follow me down memory lane and try this delicious, healthy international meal.
- 1 cup sliced onion. Slice and chop your food faster with our handy Vegetable Slicer
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups sliced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 pound turkey breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium apple, cored and sliced. Perfectly slice your apple with our zappy Apple Slicer
- 6 whole wheat pitas, lightly toasted
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat plain yogurt (optional)
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté onion, lemon juice, and bell peppers in oil until crisp-tender. For this step try our zappy Stone Frying Pan to better retain the flavor.
- Stir in turkey and cook until turkey is fully cooked. Remove from heat and stir in apple.
- Fold pita in half and fill with apple mixture; drizzle with yogurt. Serve warm.
And Zap! A healthy twist on a classic Greek dish, all from the comfort of your own home. So don’t be shy dear zappers, enjoy a healthier much colorful life one meal at a time.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 215, Carbohydrate 33 g, Dietary Fiber 5 g, Protein 14 g, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 259 mg