Skillet dinners are it for me, they're my go to recipes. After a long day at work and my body is exhausted, the last thing on my mind is cooking a gourmet meal. So I turn to my favorite skillet dinner, I mean who doesn’t love recipes that offer delicious food with a minimal clean up? No one, so for this reason my fellow zappers, I’m giving you my amazing Turkey Skillet Recipe. You can thank me later because besides being delicious it’s also pretty healthy. What more could you want?
Makes 4 servings. Prep time: 5 minutes , Cook time: 25 minutes
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3⁄4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped with our zappy Easy Vegetable Chopper
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, and garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced with our zappy Kitchen Shredder
- Spray nonstick cooking spray in a large skillet.
- Brown turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is cooked through and onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes more. Serve while hot.
And Zap! A tasty Turkey Skillet Dinner! A fast and easy dinner. You can try serving it with some green salad and some whole wheat bread to make it a complete healthy meal.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 181, Carbohydrate 13g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Protein 21g, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 57mg, Sodium 462 mg