Tomato and Garlic Omelette
Let’s be honest, eating healthy is a struggle but once you get on the right track and stay disciplined it becomes a habit, and it’s one of the best habits you can have! So I’m here with another delicious and healthy recipe just for you my fellow zappers. This tasty omelet includes vegetables and whole wheat bread for a well balanced meal. Let's get started!
Makes 1 serving. 1 omelet per serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- ½ slice whole wheat bread
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped with the help of our zappy Garlic Press.
- nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons grated part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped with our zappy Vegetable Slicer.
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut the bread into cubes; toss with oil and garlic in a small bowl. Spread the cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown, tossing once or twice. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Spray a medium pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Pour in egg substitute. Or get our zappy Non-Stick Stone Layer Pan and save on cooking spray.
- When the egg begins to set, spread evenly across the bottom of the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Once the top layer of egg is almost cooked, sprinkle the cheese and basil on top and scatter the tomatoes and bread over half of the omelet; fold the unfilled omelet half over the filling. Slide the omelet on a plate and serve.
And ZAP! A nutritious and healthy meal that you can enjoy at any time of the day with your loved ones! Every meal is a chance to eat healthy. Love your body!
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 235, Carbohydrate 18 g, Dietary Fiber 5 g, Protein 27 g, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 8 mg, Sodium 506 mg