Eating quesadillas just got a lot tastier and healthier. It’s the perfect lunch to have on a monday afternoon or tuesday or wednesday or… well, you get the point. It’s great for any day of the week! It’s also perfect for my fellow vegetarian zappers and for the rest of us who just want to enjoy a meatless meal. So come on, let’s get healthy!
Makes 4 servings. 1 tortilla per serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper. For all the vegetable chopping, slicing and dicing use our fabulous Multi-functional Vegetable Slicer.
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté bell pepper and corn until softened, about 5 minutes. To help best retain flavor use our zappy Stone Frying Pans to cook this delicious meal.
- Add green onion and tomato; cook for several minutes more until heated through; stir in cilantro.
- Heat tortillas in a large skillet over high heat. Place equal amounts of cheese and vegetables on each tortilla; fold in half and continue to cook until cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp and lightly browned. Serve while hot!
And Zap! You have yourself some tasty quesadillas. You can also serve them with some red salsa and light sour cream to enhance the flavor. Zappify your lifestyle one cheesy bite at a time!
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 134, Carbohydrate 20 g, Dietary Fiber 2 g, Protein 7 g, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 3 mg, Sodium 302 mg